Regular Session - June 9, 2014
ARIZONA STATE BOARD FOR CHARTER SCHOOLS
The Board's new office is located in the State Land Department building at
1616 West Adams Street, Suite 170
Phoenix, Arizona 85007
Easy Access to open parking behind the building on the east and west sides of 16th Avenue, south of Van Buren
Monday, June 9, 2014
8:30 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
Wednesday, June 11, 2014
Regular Session Continued
A. Pledge of Allegiance
B. Moment of Silence
D. Call to the Public – This is the time for the public to comment. Members of the Board may not discuss items that are not specifically identified on the agenda. Therefore, pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.01(H), action taken as a result of public comment will be limited to directing staff to study the matter, responding to any criticism, or scheduling the matter for further consideration and decision at a later date.
E. Consent Agenda – All items on this agenda will be considered by a single motion with no discussion, unless requested otherwise by a board member. Consideration to approve charter holder amendment requests for the following:
- Alhambra Preparatory Academy - Change in entity name, Procurement Laws and USFRCS Exceptions
- Archway Classical Academy Central Scottsdale - Change in entity name, Procurement Laws and USFRCS Exceptions
- Archway Classical Academy Mesa - Procurement Laws and USFRCS Exceptions
- Career Development, Incorporated - Change in charter mission
- CASA Academy - Procurement Laws and USFRCS Exceptions
- Central Scottsdale Preparatory Academy - Change in entity name, Procurement Laws and USFRCS Exceptions
- Cornerstone Charter School, Inc. - Change in charter mission
- Hillcrest Academy, Inc. - Change in charter mission
- International Charter School of Arizona, Inc. - Change in charter mission
- Southgate Academy, Inc. - Increase in instructional days
F. Kin Dah Lichii Olta (Scheduled for 1:00 PM on June 9) – Discussion and possible reconsideration of previous action taken on the Notice of Intent to Revoke (No. 14F-FSRV-003-BCS) based on the Minute Entry provided by the Office of Administrative Hearings on May 15, 2014. Action may include, but is not limited to, consideration of a Motion for the Arizona State Board for Charter Schools to Issue a Final Administrative Decision Prior to June 14, 2014, filed May 21, 2014.
Pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(3) the Board may vote to go into Executive Session, which will not be open to the public, for legal advice concerning this matter.
G. Charter Renewal – Discussion and possible action on the renewal application package for the following:
- Paramount Education Studies, Inc.
- Skyline Gila River Schools, LLC
- Kestrel Schools, Incorporated
- Highland Free School Fund, Inc.
- Santa Cruz Valley Opportunities in Education, Inc.
- Telesis Center for Learning, Inc.
- Painted Desert Demonstration Projects, Inc.
- Children's Success Academy, Inc.
- The Shelby School
- PACE Preparatory Academy
- Ira H. Hayes Memorial Applied Learning Center
- Milestones Charter School
- Excalibur Charter School, Inc.
- E-Institute Charter School, Inc.
- Calibre Academy, Inc.
- Career Success Schools
- Little Lamb Community School
H. Charter Site Transfer Application – Discussion and possible action on the transfer application package of Legacy Traditional Charter School’s Queen Creek site (Entity ID 90534) to its own charter operated by Legacy Traditional Charter School.
I. Charter Replication Application – Discussion and possible action on the replication application and request for a charter submitted by Horizon Community Learning Center, Inc. for the operation of Horizon Honors Elementary School.
K. Executive Director’s Report – Status of charters with previous and/or on-going board actions: Arizona School for Integrated Academics and Technologies, Inc., Founding Fathers Academies, Inc., Friendly House, Inc., Kin Dah Lichii Olta, Mountain Oak School, Inc., Omega Schools, Inc., Shonto Governing Board of Education, Inc., and Visions Unlimited Academy, Inc.
L. Summary of Current Events, Future Meeting Dates and Items for Future Agendas – The executive director, presiding officer or a member of the Board may present a brief summary of current events pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.02(K) and may discuss future meeting dates and direct staff to place matters on a future agenda. The Board will not discuss or take action on any current event summary.