Welcome to the Public Comment Forum!
Through this forum, the charter community and other stakeholders have an opportunity to voice their position on a potential rule or policy and provide valuable information on how it may impact you and your community. Your feedback will assist the Arizona State Board for Charter Schools (Board) and improve its services to the charter community.
We appreciate you taking the time to participate in this forum and look forward to hearing from you.
FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE FRAMEWORK
During the 53rd Second Regular Legislative Session, the budget was passed with language requiring charters to meet the financial performance expectations set forth in the performance framework. This provision gave the Board the authority to take action against a charter it sponsors based on its Financial Performance Framework. The Board will therefore be required to conduct a public review process to design a financial framework and adopt rule and policy to which the Board can use for accountability purposes.
The Board has seated a Financial Subcommittee (Subcommittee) to review and update its Financial Performance Framework in light of this additional accountability. To assist the Subcommittee, the Board is requesting comments from stakeholders. Information submitted in response to the following questions will be considered by the Subcommittee.
1. Identify components of the Board's current Financial Performance Dashboard/Framework that adequately identify a charter's financial status.
2. Identify components of the Board's current Financial Performance Dashboard/Framework that do not adequately identify a charter's financial status.
3. What are key financial indicators that result in a charter's closure?
4. Additional comments.
Posting period: July 11, 2018 ‑‑ August 24, 2018
Please submit your feedback in writing to the Board during the posting period in one of the following options:
1. Complete the following Online Survey (closes August 24, 2018)
2. Written comments may be mailed to the Arizona State Board for Charter Schools, P.O. Box 18328, Phoenix, AZ 85005
3. Written comments may be delivered to the Board office located at 1616 W. Adams St., Suite 170, Phoenix, AZ 85007
For all responses please provide the following information:
- First and last name
- Mailing Address
- E-mail Address
- Organization (optional)