Regular Session - July 14, 2014
ARIZONA STATE BOARD FOR CHARTER SCHOOLS
The Board's new office is located in the State Land Department building at
1616 West Adams Street, Suite 170
Phoenix, Arizona 85007
Easy Access to open parking behind the building on the east and west sides of 16th Avenue, south of Van Buren
Monday, July 14, 2014
A. Pledge of Allegiance
B. Moment of Silence
D. Call to the Public – This is the time for the public to comment. Members of the Board may not discuss items that are not specifically identified on the agenda. Therefore, pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.01(H), action taken as a result of public comment will be limited to directing staff to study the matter, responding to any criticism, or scheduling the matter for further consideration and decision at a later date.
Status of charters with previous and/or on-going board actions: Arizona School for Integrated Academics and Technologies, Inc., Founding Fathers Academies, Inc., Kin Dah Lichii Olta, Mountain Oak School, Inc., and Visions Unlimited Academy, Inc.
- Consideration to approve charter holder amendment requests for the following:
- Espiritu Community Development Corp.(92250) - Procurement Laws and USFRCS Exceptions
- Heritage Elementary School (Glendale Campus) - Increase Instructional Days
- Heritage Elementary School (Williams Campus) - Increase Instructional Days
- Hillcrest Academy, Inc.- Program of Instruction
- Kaizen Education Foundation dba Advance U - Procurement Laws and USFRCS Exceptions
- Kaizen Education Foundation dba Discover U - Procurement Laws and USFRCS Exceptions
- Southwest Leadership Academy - Procurement Laws and USFRCS Exceptions
- The Odyssey Preparatory Academy, Inc. - Adding Grade Levels
- Consideration to approve the renewal application package for Pima County Board of Supervisors.
I. Founding Fathers Academies, Inc. – Discussion and possible action to accept, reject or modify the Findings of Fact, Conclusions of Law and Recommended Order of the Administrative Law Judge in regard to the Notice of Intent to Revoke (No. 14F-FSRV-002-BCS).
- ALJ Decision
- Motion to Modify ALJ Decision
- Hearing Transcript
- ASBCS Exhibits
- Founding Fathers Exhibits
- Chandler Preparatory Academy to replicate as:
- Archway Classical Academy Chandler to replicate as:
- Archway Classical Academy Goodyear to establish Great Hearts Academies – Archway Goodyear
- Archway Classical Academy North Scottsdale to establish Great Hearts Academies – Archway North Scottsdale
- Archway Classical Academy Peoria to establish Great Hearts Academies – Archway Peoria
- Archway Classical Academy South Gilbert to establish Great Hearts Academies – Archway South Gilbert
K. Charter Renewal – Discussion and possible action on the renewal application package for the following:
- GAR, LLC
- Kaizen Education Foundation dba South Pointe Elementary School
- New Visions Academy, Inc.
- Vechij Himdag Alternative School, Inc.
L. Charter Amendment and Notification – Discussion and possible action on the following Amendment and Notification Requests submitted by charter holders that do not meet the Board’s academic performance expectations.
- Concordia Charter School – Site Specific Change in Grades Served Notification Request
- StarShine Academy- Enrollment Cap Notification Request
- The Paideia Academies, Inc.- Adding Grade Levels Amendment Request
M. Surrender Agreements – Discussion and possible action on the proposed Surrender Agreement for the following:
- A Child's View School, Inc.
- BASIS Schools, Inc. for the operation of BASIS Scottsdale Primary
- Greenhouse Montessori School, Inc.
N. Summary of Current Events, Future Meeting Dates and Items for Future Agendas – The executive director, presiding officer or a member of the Board may present a brief summary of current events pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.02(K) and may discuss future meeting dates and direct staff to place matters on a future agenda. The Board will not discuss or take action on any current event summary.