Regular Session - March 9, 2015
ARIZONA STATE BOARD FOR CHARTER SCHOOLS
1616 West Adams Street, Suite 170
Phoenix, Arizona 85007
The Board's meeting room is located in the State Land Department building.
Access open parking east of the church on the southeast corner of 16th Avenue and Monroe
and in the visitor parking on the northwest corner of 16th Avenue and Monroe.
Monday, March 9, 2015
NOTICE AND AGENDA- **REVISED
A. Pledge of Allegiance
B. Moment of Silence
C. Roll Call
D. Call to the Public – This is the time for the public to comment. Members of the Board may not discuss items that are not specifically identified on the agenda. Therefore, pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.01(H), action taken as a result of public comment will be limited to directing staff to study the matter, responding to any criticism, or scheduling the matter for further consideration and decision at a later date.
- Status of charters with previous and/or on-going board actions: Founding Fathers Academies, Inc. and International Charter School of Arizona, Inc.
- Recognition of Stacey Morley for her service as a Board member.
H. Consent Agenda – All items on this agenda will be considered by a single motion with no discussion, unless requested otherwise by a board member. Consideration to approve charter holder amendment requests for the following:
- Anthem Preparatory Academy- Decrease in instructional days
- BASIS Schools, Inc. (90862)- Adding grade levels
- BASIS Schools, Inc. (92320)- Adding grade levels
- Imagine Superstition Middle, Inc.- Adding grade levels
- James Sandoval Preparatory High School- Program of instruction
- Mexicayotl Academy, Inc.- Procurement Laws and USFRCS Exceptions
- North Phoenix Preparatory Academy- Decrease in instructional days
- Pathways KM Charter Schools, Inc.- Change in charter mission
- Pima Prevention Partnership (79959) - Program of instruction
- Scottsdale Preparatory Academy- Decrease in instructional days
- *Skyline Gila River Schools, LLC – Adding grade levels
- SySTEM Schools- Procurement Laws and USFRCS Exceptions
- Teleos Preparatory Academy- Decrease in instructional days
- Western School of Science and Technology: A Challenge Foundation Academy, Inc.- USFRCS Exception
I. *Charter Renewal – Discussion and possible action on the renewal application packages for the following:
- Aprender Tucson
- Khalsa Family Services
- Pinnacle Education – Kino, Inc.
- Pinnacle Education – WMCB, Inc.
J. *Executive Director Position – Discussion and possible action on the process for the selection of the next Executive Director and the ratification of the acceptance of the resignation of DeAnna Rowe.
K. Summary of Current Events, Future Meeting Dates and Items for Future Agendas – The executive director, presiding officer or a member of the Board may present a brief summary of current events pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.02(K) and may discuss future meeting dates and direct staff to place matters on a future agenda. The Board will not discuss or take action on any current event summary.