Regular Session - April 9, 2018
ARIZONA STATE BOARD FOR CHARTER SCHOOLS
NEW MEETING LOCATION:
1535 WEST JEFFERSON STREET
PHOENIX, ARIZONA 85007
The Board’s meeting room is located on the first floor of the Arizona Department of Education’s
building. Available parking in the garage located on 15th Avenue, south of Jefferson Street.
Monday, April 9, 2018
NOTICE AND AGENDA- REVISED*
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Moment of Silence
- Roll Call
- Superintendent’s Report - Update on current events and/or activities of the Department of Education
- Arizona Charter Schools Association - Presentation on Mohave Accelerated Schools by Casey Mulligan, Superintendent
- Arizona Alternative Education Consortium - Presentation on Student Choice & Alternative Education by Jason Nuttall, Director of Compliance - Student Choice High School Central Office
- A for Arizona - Presentation on BASIS Phoenix South Primary by Brian Jones, Head of School
- Presentation on Schola Solutions by Jaime Martinez, CEO of Schola, Inc.
- Executive Director’s Report - Introduction to the agenda items and discussion and possible action:
- Update on requests approved by the Executive Director
- Status of Board actions and legal matters
- Update on the Board’s review of enrollment documentation
- Call to the Public -This is the time for the public to comment. Members of the Board may not discuss items that are not specifically identified on the agenda. Therefore, pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.01(H), action taken as a result of public comment will be limited to directing staff to study the matter, responding to any criticism, or scheduling the matter for further consideration and decision at a later date.
- Consent Agenda - All items on this agenda will be considered by a single motion with no discussion, unless requested otherwise by a board member.
- Consideration to approve the proposed Voluntary Surrender and Charter Termination Agreement for the following:
- Consideration to approve an enrollment cap increase for Arizona Agribusiness & Equine Center, Inc. (85816), a charter holder that has received a staff recommendation.
- Consideration to approve an enrollment cap increase for Ball Charter Schools (Hearn), a charter holder that has received a staff recommendation.
- *Charter Amendment - Discussion and possible action on the grade level change amendment request for Happy Valley School, Inc.
- Charter Renewal - Discussion and possible action on the renewal application for Academy of Building Industries, Inc.
- Compliance Matters - Bradley Academy of Excellence, Inc. - Discussion and possible action on the proposed Agreement to the Revocation and Termination of the Charter Contract (No. 18F-RV-002-BCS). Pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(3), the Board may vote to convene in executive session, which will not be open to the public, for discussion or consultation for legal advice with the Board’s attorneys concerning this item.
- Summary of Current Events, Future Meeting Dates and Items for Future Agendas - The executive director, presiding officer or a member of the Board may present a brief summary of current events pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.02(K) and may discuss future meeting dates and direct staff to place matters on a future agenda. The Board will not discuss or take action on any current event summary.