Regular Session - September 8, 2014
NOTE: The Board's regular meeting will occur as scheduled today at noon. Due to the weather, telephonic participation will be available to those who had planned to attend. If you cannot make it safely to the meeting, you may participate telephonically by calling 1-877-820-7831 and entering the participant code 611008#.
ARIZONA STATE BOARD FOR CHARTER SCHOOLS
The Board's new office is located in the State Land Department building at
1616 West Adams Street, Suite 170
Phoenix, Arizona 85007
Easy Access to open parking behind the building on the east and west sides of 16th Avenue, south of Van Buren
Monday, September 8, 2014
A. Pledge of Allegiance
B. Moment of Silence
C. Roll Call
D. Call to the Public – This is the time for the public to comment. Members of the Board may not discuss items that are not specifically identified on the agenda. Therefore, pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.01(H), action taken as a result of public comment will be limited to directing staff to study the matter, responding to any criticism, or scheduling the matter for further consideration and decision at a later date.
E. Arizona Charter Schools Association Update – Eileen Sigmund
F. Superintendent’s Report – Update on current events and/or activities of the Department of Education.
G. Executive Director’s Report – Introduction to the agenda items—Discussion and possible action:
- Status of charters with previous and/or on-going board actions: Founding Fathers Academies, Inc., Legacy Education Group, Legacy Schools, and Mountain Oak School, Inc.
- 2015 Board Meeting Calendar
- Update on submission of Conditional Renewal Accountability Plans for renewal applications granted in July.
- Release of the 2014 Academic Dashboards
H. Consent Agenda – All items on this agenda will be considered by a single motion with no discussion, unless requested otherwise by a board member. Consideration to approve charter holder amendment requests for the following:
- Daisy Education Corporation dba Sonoran Science Academy- Procurement Laws and USFRCS Exceptions
- Liberty High School- Decrease in Instructional Days
I. Surrender Agreements – Discussion and possible action on the proposed Surrender Agreement for New West School.
J. Charter Replication – Discussion and and possible action on the replication application package and request for a charter submitted by Espiritu Community Development Corp. for Marytown Academies to operate AIM Higher College Prep Academy.
K. Charter Amendment and Notification – Discussion and and possible action on the following amendment requests made by charter holders that do not meet the Board’s academic performance expectations.
- Imagine Desert West Middle, Inc. – Enrollment Cap Increase
- International Charter School of Arizona, Inc. – Adding a School Site
- Hillcrest Academy, Inc. – Adding a School Site
L. Summary of Current Events, Future Meeting Dates and Items for Future Agendas – The executive director, presiding officer or a member of the Board may present a brief summary of current events pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.02(K) and may discuss future meeting dates and direct staff to place matters on a future agenda. The Board will not discuss or take action on any current event summary.