Regular Session - October 14, 2014
ARIZONA STATE BOARD FOR CHARTER SCHOOLS
The Board's new office is located in the State Land Department building at
1616 West Adams Street, Suite 170
Phoenix, Arizona 85007
Easy Access to open parking behind the building on the east and west sides of 16th Avenue, south of Van Buren
Tuesday, October 14, 2014
A. Pledge of Allegiance
B. Moment of Silence
D. Call to the Public – This is the time for the public to comment. Members of the Board may not discuss items that are not specifically identified on the agenda. Therefore, pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.01(H), action taken as a result of public comment will be limited to directing staff to study the matter, responding to any criticism, or scheduling the matter for further consideration and decision at a later date.
- Status of charters with previous and/or on-going board actions: Founding Fathers Academies, Inc., Legacy Education Group, Legacy Schools, and Mountain Oak School, Inc.
- 2015 Board Meeting Calendar – Revision to January Meeting Date
- Update on submission of Conditional Renewal Accountability Plans for renewal applications granted in June 2014.
- Update on charter holders denied renewal in June 2014 with an opportunity to request a review upon release of the 2014 Dashboards and A-F letter grades.
- Findings and Recommendations from an audit of FY12, 13 and 14 Academic Dashboards.
- Consideration to approve charter holder amendment requests for the following:
- Consideration of Minutes of the following Board meetings
I. Financial Performance Framework – Discussion and possible action on modifying the Board’s financial performance expectations and adding a financial performance standard in the Financial Performance Framework and Guidance document.
J. Academic Performance Framework – Discussion and possible action regarding revisions to the Academic Performance Framework and Guidance document including:
- Performance Management Plan and Demonstration of Sufficient Progress processes
- Renewal application submission requirements
- Eligibility for expansion requests
- General guidance language
K. Operational Performance Framework – Discussion and possible action on the proposed Operational Performance Framework and Guidance document.
- Staff Report
- Operational Performance Framework and Guidance
- Sample Operational Performance Dashboard
L. Summary of Current Events, Future Meeting Dates and Items for Future Agendas – The executive director, presiding officer or a member of the Board may present a brief summary of current events pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.02(K) and may discuss future meeting dates and direct staff to place matters on a future agenda. The Board will not discuss or take action on any current event summary.