Regular Session - November 19, 2010
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Moment of Silence
- Roll Call
- Call to the Public
- Arizona Charter Schools Association Update – Eileen Sigmund
- Superintendent’s Report – Update on current events and/or activities of the Department of Education.
- Policy, Rule and Contracts Subcommittee Report
- Executive Director’s Report
- Consent Agenda
- Charter Contract – Discussion and possible consideration of modifications to the Charter Contract.
- Renewal Application – Discussion and possible consideration of modifications to the Renewal Application.
- Charter Replication Application
- Great Hearts Academies – Archway Classical Academy Arete
- Great Hearts Academies – Archway Classical Academy Chandler
- Great Hearts Academies – Archway Classical Academy Litchfield Park
- Great Hearts Academies – Archway Classical Academy Scottsdale
- Great Hearts Academies – Archway Classical Academy Veritas
- Compliance Matters
The Board will receive information to determine whether evidence exists that the Charter Holders listed below are in breach of one or more provisions of their charter contract, federal, state, or local laws regarding their failure to meet the timeframes established in one or more of the following areas: failure to timely submit the annual financial audit in accordance with A.R.S. § 15-183(E)(6), and/or failure to timely submit the annual financial report in accordance with A.R.S. § 15-183(E)(6).
If the Board determines that a breach may have occurred, the Board may take action as it deems appropriate or necessary under state law, which may include withholding of up to 10% of the monthly apportionment of state aid and requiring a corrective action plan pursuant to A.R.S. §15-185(H), and/or issuing a notice of intent to revoke the charter pursuant to A.R.S. § 15-183(I).
Fiscal Year 2010 Annual Financial Audit
First Year Late
- Academy Del Sol, Inc.
- Cambridge Academy East, Inc.
- DCS Partners, Inc.
- EduPreneurship, Inc.
- Founding Fathers Academies, Inc.
- Gila Educational Group
- Montessori Academy, Inc.
- Old Pueblo Children’s Academy
- US Mental Math Federation Incorp
Second Consecutive Year Late
- Children’s Success Academy, Inc.
- Compass High School, Inc.
Third Consecutive Year Late
- Back-to-Basics School
- Scottsdale Horizons Charter School
Fourth Consecutive Year Late
- Academy of Arizona
Fiscal Year 2010 Annual Financial Report
- Cambridge Academy East, Inc.
- Lake Havasu Charter School, Inc.
- Fiscal Year 2010 Annual Financial Audit
- Arizona School Improvement Plans – Presentation of School Improvement Plans (A.R.S. §15-241.M)
Charter Holder Name Charter School Name Profile Type Academy with Community Partners, Inc. Academy with Community Partners High School Allsport Academy Allsport Academy Elementary Back-to-Basics School Horizons Back-to-Basics Elementary Camp Verde Unified School District dba South Verde Technology Magnet South Verde Technology Magnet High School Career Success Schools E-cademie – Woods Campus High School Challenge Foundation Academies of Arizona, Inc. Pioneer Preparatory – A Challenge Foundation K-2 Choice Education and Development Corporation – Sequoia Charter School Sequoia Charter Middle School Elementary CPLC Community Schools dba Hiaki High School Hiaki High School High School CPLC Community Schools dba Toltecalli High School Toltecali High School High School Edkey, Inc. – Sequoia Ranch School Children First Academy – Tempe Elementary Florence Crittenton Services of Arizona, Inc. Crittenton Youth Academy High School Griffin Foundation, Inc. The Future Investment Middle School Elementary Imagine Elementary at Avondale, LLC Imagine Elementary at Avondale Elementary Imagine Elementary at Coolidge, LLC Imagine Elementary at Coolidge Elementary Imagine Middle at Camelback, LLC Imagine Middle at Camelback Elementary Ira H. Hayes Memorial Applied Learning Center, Inc. Ira H. Hayes High School High School Little Singer Community School Board Inc. Little Singer Community Junior High School Elementary Morrison Education Group, Inc. Sun Valley Charter School Elementary North Star Charter School, Inc. North Star Charter School, Inc. High School OMEGA SCHOOLS d.b.a. Omega Academy, Inc. Oasis High School High School Opportunities for Youth, Inc. Vista's Leadership Academy Elementary Phoenix Advantage Charter School, Inc. Phoenix Advantage Charter School Elementary Pima Prevention Partnership dba Pima Partnership School, The Pima Partnership School, The High School Salt River Pima-Maricopa Community Schools Salt River High School K-12 Sierra Summit Academy Sierra Summit Academy High School Skyline Gila River Schools, LLC Skyline D5 Elementary Southgate Academy, Inc. Southgate Academy K-12 Tertulia: A Learning Community Tertulia Pre-College Community Primary Campus Elementary Tucson Youth Development/ACE Charter High School ACE Charter High School High School University Public Schools, Inc. University Public School Phoenix Elementary Vision Charter School, Inc. Vision Charter School High School
- Board Comments and Future Meeting Dates
- Approval of Minutes