Regular Session - June 15, 2015
ARIZONA STATE BOARD FOR CHARTER SCHOOLS
1616 West Adams Street, Suite 170
Phoenix, Arizona 85007
The Board's meeting room is located in the State Land Department building.
Access open parking east of the church on the southeast corner of 16th Avenue and Monroe
and in the visitor parking on the northwest corner of 16th Avenue and Monroe.
Monday, June 15, 2015
NOTICE AND AGENDA *REVISED
A. Pledge of Allegiance
B. Moment of Silence
D. Call to the Public- This is the time for the public to comment. Members of the Board may not discuss items that are not specifically identified on the agenda. Therefore, pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.01(H), action taken as a result of public comment will be limited to directing staff to study the matter, responding to any criticism, or scheduling the matter for further consideration and decision at a later date.
- Status of charters with previous and/or on-going board actions:Blueprint Education, Inc., Compass High School, Inc., Edkey, Inc. dba Sequoia Ranch School, Educational Impact, Inc., Founding Fathers Academies, Inc., and Ha:san Educational Services.
- 18-month follow-up regarding the implementation status of the audit recommendations presented in the Board’s Performance Audit by the Office of the Auditor General
- Update on FY 2014 A-F Letter Grades for AOI schools, late receipt schools and schools which were investigated due to irregularities on AIMS and/or enrollment data
- Update on 2016-2017 new charter applications
H. Consent Agenda – All items on this agenda will be considered by a single motion with no discussion, unless requested otherwise by a board member.
- Consideration to approve charter holder amendment requests for the following:
- Ambassador Academy- Adding grade levels
- Arizona Call-a-Teen Youth Resources, Inc.- Dropout Recovery Program
- Desert Sky Community School, Inc.- Program of Instruction
- EAGLE College Prep Harmony, LLC- Decrease Instructional Days
- Legacy Traditional School – Surprise- Procurement Laws and USFRCS Exceptions
- Primavera Technical Learning Center – Charter Holder Status
- Skyline Gila River Schools, LLC- Decrease Instructional Days
I. Charter Renewal
- Discussion and possible action to approve the Agreements for the charter renewal of the following:
- Discussion and possible action on the early renewal application package for Nosotros.
- Discussion and possible action on the renewal application package for the following:
J. Charter Amendment and Notification- Discussion and possible action on the Enrollment Cap Increase Request for Arizona Autism Charter School.
K. Audit Guidelines, Legal Compliance Questionnaire, USFRCS Compliance Questionnaire, and Procurement Compliance Questionnaire for 2015 – Discussion and possible action on the revised Audit Guidelines, Legal Compliance Questionnaire, USFRCS Compliance Questionnaire, and Procurement Compliance Questionnaire for 2015.
- Staff Report
- Audit Guidelines
- Legal Compliance Questionnaire
- USFRCS Compliance Questionnaire
- Procurement Compliance Questionnaire
L. Summary of Current Events, Future Meeting Dates and Items for Future Agendas – The executive director, presiding officer or a member of the Board may present a brief summary of current events pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.02(K) and may discuss future meeting dates and direct staff to place matters on a future agenda. The Board will not discuss or take action on any current event summary.