Study Session - July 13, 2015
ARIZONA STATE BOARD FOR CHARTER SCHOOLS
1616 West Adams Street, Suite 170
Phoenix, Arizona 85007
The Board's meeting room is located in the State Land Department building.
Access open parking east of the church on the southeast corner of 16th Avenue and Monroe
and in the visitor parking on the northwest corner of 16th Avenue and Monroe.
Monday, July 13, 2015
A. Pledge of Allegiance
B. Moment of Silence
C. Roll Call
D. Call to the Public- This is the time for the public to comment. Members of the Board may not discuss items that are not specifically identified on the agenda. Therefore, pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.01(H), action taken as a result of public comment will be limited to directing staff to study the matter, responding to any criticism, or scheduling the matter for further consideration and decision at a later date.
E. Explanation of the purpose and format of the retreat
F. Presentation and discussion – Introduction: Board’s mission, strategic plan, organizational structure, funding and portfolio
G. Presentation and discussion
- Arizona Charter Schools Association – Dr. Ildi Laczko-Kerr
- Senator Carlyle Begay
- Alternative Education Consortium – Dr. Amy Schlessman
- A for Arizona – Emily Gullickson
H. Presentation and discussion – the Academic Performance Framework: Measuring Improved Pupil Achievement. Background, implementation, lessons learned and moving forward.
- Academic Performance Dashboards- Graphs created per Board’s request.
- AZ Merit: data availability and timeline for FY 2015 and FY 2016 dashboards
- A-F Letter Grade Accountability System: moratorium and the impact to the Academic Performance Framework
I. Presentation and discussion – the Academic Intervention Schedule: review of existing schedule and required information
- Performance Management Plans: Review of the FY 2015 PMPs, lessons learned and moving forward
- Demonstrations of Sufficient Progress: Review of the FY 2015 DSPs, lessons learned and moving forward
J. Discussion – Board packets