Regular Session - October 13, 2015
ARIZONA STATE BOARD FOR CHARTER SCHOOLS
1616 West Adams Street, Suite 170
Phoenix, Arizona 85007
The Board's meeting room is located in the State Land Department building.
Access open parking east of the church on the southeast corner of 16th Avenue and Monroe
and in the visitor parking on the northwest corner of 16th Avenue and Monroe.
Tuesday, October 13, 2015
NOTICE AND AGENDA - REVISED**
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Moment of Silence
- Roll Call
- Call to the Public - This is the time for the public to comment. Members of the Board may not discuss items that are not specifically identified on the agenda. Therefore, pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.01(H), action taken as a result of public comment will be limited to directing staff to study the matter, responding to any criticism, or scheduling the matter for further consideration and decision at a later date.
- *Arizona Charter Schools Association Update on its Board of Directors election, Business Summit and 2015 Charter Awards – Eileen Sigmund
- *Arizona Alternative Education Consortium Update on its recommendations for the Academic Performance Framework and its next meeting – Dr. Amy Schlessman Part 1 and Part 2
- *Superintendent’s Report – Overview of "AZ Kids Can’t Afford to Wait!" plan and update on current events and/or activities of the Department of Education.
- Executive Director’s Report – Introduction to the agenda items and discussion and possible action:
- Consent Agenda – All items on this agenda will be considered by a single motion with no discussion, unless requested otherwise by a board member.
- *Presentation by A for Arizona ‘A’ School Leaders about Vista College Preparatory, Inc.- Julia Meyerson
- Request to Expand Operations – Discussion and possible action on the request to expand the charter school operations of the following:
- *Charter Amendment and Notification – Discussion and possible action on the adding grade levels and the enrollment cap requests by The Paideia Academies, Inc., a charter holder that does not meet the Board’s academic performance expectations.
- Charter Replication – Discussion and possible action on the replication application package for AIBT Non-Profit Charter High School, Inc.—Phoenix.
- *Charter Renewal –
- *Academic Performance Framework – Discussion and possible action regarding revisions to the Academic Performance Framework and Guidance including:
- Revisions to the Academic Intervention Schedule and Academic Intervention Policy Statement for charter schools that do not receive an Overall Rating because the school serves a grade configuration that does not include grade levels that are tested on state assessments
- **Summary of Current Events, Future Meeting Dates and Items for Future Agendas – The executive director, presiding officer or a member of the Board may present a brief summary of current events pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.02(K) and may discuss future meeting dates and direct staff to place matters on a future agenda. The Board will not discuss or take action on any current event summary.