Regular Session - October 15, 2018
ARIZONA STATE BOARD FOR CHARTER SCHOOLS
1535 WEST JEFFERSON STREET
PHOENIX, ARIZONA 85007
The Board’s meeting room is located on the first floor of the Arizona Department of Education’s
building. Available parking in the garage located on 15th Avenue, south of Jefferson Street.
Monday, October 15, 2018
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Moment of Silence
- Roll Call
- Superintendent’s Report - Update on current events and/or activities of the Department of Education
- Arizona Charter Schools Association – Presentation on Charter Performance on A-F by Eileen Sigmund, President
- Arizona Alternative Education Consortium – Presentation on Online/Blended Alternative Education by Tamara Becker, Assistant Superintendent at Edkey, Inc.
- Center for Academic Success, Inc. – Presentation on Center for Academic Success’ award winning Solar Go Kart Team by High School Seniors at Center for Academic Success
- Executive Director’s Report - Introduction to the agenda items and discussion and possible action:
- Call to the Public This is the time for the public to comment. Members of the Board may not discuss items that are not specifically identified on the agenda. Therefore, pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.01(H), action taken as a result of public comment will be limited to directing staff to study the matter, responding to any criticism, or scheduling the matter for further consideration and decision at a later date.
- Consent Agenda - All items on this agenda will be considered by a single motion with no discussion, unless requested otherwise by a board member.
- Surrender Agreements - Discussion and possible action on the proposed Voluntary Surrender and Charter Termination Agreement for Paragon Preparatory Academy, Inc.
- Board’s Performance Frameworks – Discussion, possible action and the second opportunity for public comment on the adoption of proposed technical changes to the following performance frameworks:
- Eligibility Criteria for Replication Charter and Charter Transfer Applications – Discussion, possible action and the second opportunity for public comment on the adoption of proposed revisions to the eligibility criteria.
- Summary of Current Events, Future Meeting Dates and Items for Future Agendas - The executive director, presiding officer or a member of the Board may present a brief summary of current events pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.02(K) and may discuss future meeting dates and direct staff to place matters on a future agenda. The Board will not discuss or take action on any current event summary.