Regular Session - March 11, 2013 - Revised
NOTICE AND AGENDA - REVISED*
D. Call to the Public – This is the time for the public to comment. Members of the Board may not discuss items that are not specifically identified on the agenda. Therefore, pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.01(H), action taken as a result of public comment will be limited to directing staff to study the matter, responding to any criticism, or scheduling the matter for further consideration and decision at a later date.
E. Arizona Charter Schools Association Update – Eileen Sigmund
F. Superintendent’s Report – Update on current events and/or activities of the Department of Education.
G. Executive Director’s Report – Introduction to the agenda items—Discussion and possible action:
1. Status of charters with previous and/or on-going board actions: DCS Partners, Inc., Excel Preparatory Academy, Inc., Founding Fathers Academies, Inc., New Destiny Leadership Charter School, Visions Unlimited Academy, Inc.
3.*Proposed revised paragraph to charter contracts
4.Report on Academic Performance Framework Implementation
H. Consent Agenda- All items on this agenda will be considered by a single motion with no discussion, unless requested otherwise by a board member. Consideration to approve charter holder amendment requests.
1. Academy of Building Industries, Inc. – Charter Mission Amendment Request
2. Anthem Preparatory Academy – Increase in Grade Levels Served Request
3. LEAD Charter Schools (91174) – Procurement Exception Request
4. Valley Academy, Inc. – Change in Charter Holder Name Request
I. Surrender Agreement – Discussion and possible action on the Consent Agreement for the Voluntary Surrender and Termination of the Charter Contract for Successful Beginnings Charter School.
J. Transfer of Charter Contract – Discussion and possible action on the request to transfer the East Valley Educational Services, L.P. charter contract from the State Board of Education to the State Board for Charter Schools.
K. *Compliance Matters – Discussion and possible action.
1. The Board will receive information to determine whether evidence exists that the DCS Partners, Inc. continues to breach one or more provisions of its charter contract, federal, state, or local laws regarding failure to timely submit the annual financial audit in accordance with A.R.S. § 15-183(E)(6). If the Board determines that a breach may have occurred the Board may take action as it deems appropriate or necessary under state law, which may include issuance of a Notice of Intent to Revoke the Charter pursuant to A.R.S. § 15-183(I).
L. New Charter School Application for 2014-2015– Discussion and consideration of modifications to the New Charter School Application and processes for the 2014-2015 application cycle.
M. Board Comments and Future Meeting Dates – The executive director, presiding officer or a member of the Board may present a brief summary of current events pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.02(K) and may discuss future meeting dates and direct staff to place matters on a future agenda. The Board will not discuss or take action on any current event summary.