Financial Performance Framework
State law requires the Board to ground its actions in evidence of the charter holder's performance in accordance with the Board's performance framework and requires the Board's performance framework to include the financial expectations of the charter school. In July 2019, the Board implemented its new Financial Performance Framework ("financial framework"). The financial framework communicates the Board's expectations for ensuring that all charter holders in its portfolio are viable organizations with strong fiscal management practices. The guides and other documents below provide more information on the financial framework, including its measures, summative financial performance ratings, and intervention process.
- View Measures and Summative Performance Ratings Guide
- FY2023 Financial Framework Measure Calculator Templates
- View the Board's Financial Framework Administrative Rules
- Resources for Charter Assigned First "Intervention" Rating
- Resources for Charter Identified as "On Probation" and Assigned Probation Risk Level
- View "On Probation" Financial Intervention Process Guide
- View Attestation for Charter Assigned to Risk Level One
- View Attestation for Charter Assigned to Risk Level Two
- View Attestation for Charter Assigned to Risk Level Three
- View FY2023 Submission Checklist for Charter Assigned to Risk Level One
- View FY2023 Submission Checklist for Charter Assigned to Risk Level Two
- View FY2023 Submission Checklist for Charter Assigned to Risk Level Three
The Board has developed the resource below to assist charter holders in determining their performance under the Board's financial framework.
Financial Eligibility Criteria
To ensure a minimum standard of achievement and operations charter holders should strive to obtain before expanding, the Board adopted financial, academic and operational eligibility criteria for expansion requests. The current financial eligibility criteria are included below.
Accessing Financial Performance Information
A charter holder's performance as evaluated using the financial framework is represented in a dashboard. The Board has provided online public access to each charter holder's financial dashboard and the audits of Board-sponsored charter holders. Information about how to access a charter holder's financial dashboard and annual audits online may be found below.