All formal complaints submitted to this office are reviewed and processed in accordance with the oversight responsibilities and jurisdiction of the Board.
The Board can ONLY process complaints that are within its jurisdiction, therefore complaints MUST have the following:
1. Allege, with specificity that the charter holder is not in compliance with its charter, other contractual obligations to the Board, federal or state law, or other legal requirements;
2. Include a statement of the facts on which the allegation or allegations of contractual or legal noncompliance is or are based; and
3. Include supporting evidence.
Please read this entire page and confirm whether your complaint is within the Board's jurisdiction.
Quick Tips and Important Information
Understanding the Board's complaint process; The Board's procedures for reviewing complaints is outlined in Arizona Administrative Code R7-5-507
1. Complaints submitted to the Board ARE NOT anonymous.
2. All complaints submitted to the Board must be submitted through the Board's online system. See the button labeled "submit" below.
The Board takes your concerns seriously and wants to ensure that complaints are filed with the appropriate agency to best address the concern. See below for more information on issues that should be addressed with other entities.
2. Complaints regarding employment and labor should be directed to the Labor Department Division within the Industrial Commision of Arizona or the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
3. Complaints regarding Special Education Services should be directed to Exceptional Student Services.
Arizona's public schools have local control to make certain decisions. School policies such as grading and student retention are within the school's authority to determine.