Regular Session - October 13, 2020
Meeting Recording - Next to each agenda item is the time that agenda item begins in the YouTube recording.
ARIZONA STATE BOARD FOR CHARTER SCHOOLS
Accessing the Board Meeting:
To watch the Board meeting via computer or a smartphone with a data plan:
Click on the following link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkPbhlJyH-7N_Pw1hpI3nSA
Open a web browser on your device (Google Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox).
Then, type or copy the above link into the address or search bar on your browser and press “Enter”.
To listen via phone (Please ensure your phone is muted during the meeting):
1 301 715 8592 US, (United States)
1 669 900 6833 US, (United States)
When prompted enter the following Meeting ID#: 962 0961 1748
For additional information on how to access the board meeting, please download the Notice and Agenda
Tuesday, October 13, 2020
NOTICE AND AGENDA - *REVISED
- Pledge of Allegiance - YouTube at 8:12
- Moment of Silence
- Roll Call - YouTube at 8:43
- Superintendent’s Report—Update on current events and/or activities of the Department of Education - YouTube at 9:48
- Executive Director’s Report - YouTube at 10:00
- *Brief overview of proposed Rule changes related to the complaint policy and proposed changes to Financial Framework and other rules released for public comment
- *Update on the proposed new amendment "Change in Charter Control Amendment Request" released for public comment
- *Status of Board actions and legal matters
- Call to the Public - YouTube at 14:55
This is the time for the public to comment. Members of the Board may not discuss items that are not specifically identified on the agenda. Therefore, pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.01(H), action taken as a result of public comment will be limited to directing staff to study the matter, responding to any criticism, or scheduling the matter for further consideration and decision at a later date.
Public comments for the meeting will be accepted in written form. All written public comments are due to Board staff by Friday, October 9, 2020 at 5pm. Public comments will not be orally read into the record but will be posted publicly in the Board materials located on the Board’s website on Friday, October 9th.
Two ways to submit written comment:
- Via Email: [email protected]
- Via Postal Service: P.O. Box 18328, Phoenix, Arizona 85005
- Please note that USPS mail takes time to be delivered. Please plan accordingly to make the 5pm deadline on October 9, 2020.
Individuals must submit a Call to the Public Request Form to provide a verbal public comment. All Request to Speak Forms to provide a verbal comment during the meeting are due to Board staff by Friday, October 9, 2020 at 5pm. Please use this Request to Speak Form to submit to the Board by Friday, October 9, 2020 at 5pm.
- Consent Agenda—All items on this agenda will be considered by a single motion with no discussion, unless requested otherwise by a board member. - YouTube at 19:22
- Approval of Meeting Minutes from the Charter Board’s meeting on September 14, 2020.
- *Consideration to approve the proposed Operational Consent Agreement for North Star Charter School, Inc.
- Charter Amendments—Consideration to approve an amendment request from the following charter holder:
- Charter Amendments—Discussion and possible action on amendment requests from the following charter holders: - YouTube at 26:33
- American Leadership Academy, Inc.—New School and Enrollment Cap
- American Leadership Academy, Inc.—New School
- Replication Application—Discussion and possible action on the replication application package from the following charter holder: - YouTube at 34:27
- Morrison Education Group, Inc. (Entity ID 90192)
- Good Cause Extension—Discussion and possible action on the request for a Good Cause Extension for SLAM Arizona, Inc. - YouTube at 45:29
- Annual Charter Audits—Presentation and discussion on the performance of the Board’s portfolio of charter holders focusing on the financial and operational performance identified through the fiscal year 2019 audits and an update and discussion on proposed changes to the Board’s financial framework rules. - YouTube at 51:16
- Financial Action Plan Waiver—Discussion and possible action on granting a waiver for submitting the financial action plan required under A.A.C. R7-5-402(K)(2) if the Board has received an “On Probation” charter holder’s fiscal year 2020 audit and the fiscal year 2020 audit demonstrates the charter holder meets the Board’s financial performance expectations. - YouTube at 1:00:24
- Summary of Current Events, Future Meeting Dates and Items for Future Agendas—The executive director, presiding officer or a member of the Board may present a brief summary of current events pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.02(K) and may discuss future meeting dates and direct staff to place matters on a future agenda. The Board will not discuss or take action on any current event summary. - YouTube at 1:03:47