Regular Session - October 11, 2016
ARIZONA STATE BOARD FOR CHARTER SCHOOLS
1616 West Adams Street, Suite 170
Phoenix, Arizona 85007
The Board's meeting room is located in the State Land Department building.
Access open parking east of the church on the southeast corner of 16th Avenue and Monroe
and in the visitor parking on the northwest corner of 16th Avenue and Monroe.
Tuesday, October 11, 2016
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Moment of Silence
- Roll Call
- Call to the Public -This is the time for the public to comment. Members of the Board may not discuss items that are not specifically identified on the agenda. Therefore, pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.01(H), action taken as a result of public comment will be limited to directing staff to study the matter, responding to any criticism, or scheduling the matter for further consideration and decision at a later date.
- Arizona Charter Schools Association Update on AzMERIT results – Eileen Sigmund, President and CEO
- Arizona Alternative Education Consortium Update on its updated mission and position on menu of assessments – Binky Michele Jones, President
- Presentation by A for Arizona on its Fall Report – Emily Anne Gullickson, Senior Program Director
- Superintendent’s Report – Update on current events and/or activities of the Department of Education.
- Executive Director’s Report – Introduction to the agenda items and discussion and possible action:
- Consent Agenda – All items on this agenda will be considered by a single motion with no discussion, unless requested otherwise by a board member.
- Discussion and possible action regarding John Doe, et al. vs. Heritage Academy, Inc. et al. (CV16-03001-PHX-SPL) Pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(3) and (4), the Board may vote to convene in executive session, which will not be open to the public, for discussion or consultation for legal advice with the Board’s attorneys concerning this item or for discussion or consultation with the Board’s attorneys in order to consider its position and instruct its attorneys regarding the Board’s position in pending or contemplated litigation or in settlement discussions conducted in order to avoid or resolve litigation concerning this item.
- Charter Replication – Discussion and possible action on the replication application packages for BASIS Schools, Inc. (6361) to replicate as:
- Summary of Current Events, Future Meeting Dates and Items for Future Agendas – The executive director, presiding officer or a member of the Board may present a brief summary of current events pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.02(K) and may discuss future meeting dates and direct staff to place matters on a future agenda. The Board will not discuss or take action on any current event summary.