Regular Session- November 22, 2021
Meeting Recording - Next to each agenda item is the time that agenda item begins in the YouTube recording.
ARIZONA STATE BOARD FOR CHARTER SCHOOLS
1535 West Jefferson Street
Phoenix, Arizona 85007
For additional information on how to access the board meeting, please download the Notice and Agenda
Monday, November 22, 2021
NOTICE AND AGENDA - *Revised
- Pledge of Allegiance (Youtube at 0:03)
- Moment of Silence
- Roll Call (Youtube at 0:037)
- Superintendent’s Report—Update on current events and/or activities of the Arizona Department of Education (Youtube at 2:50)
- Executive Director’s Report (Youtube at 7:25)
- *Status of Board actions and legal matters.
- Update on approved amendments and termination agreements
- Call to the Public
This is the time for the public to comment. Members of the Board may not discuss items that are not specifically identified on the agenda. Therefore, pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.01(H), action taken as a result of public comment will be limited to directing staff to study the matter, responding to any criticism, or scheduling the matter for further consideration and decision at a later date.
Public comments for the meeting will be accepted in written form. All written public comments are due to Board staff by Thursday, November 18, 2021 at 5pm. Written public comments will not be orally read into the record but will be posted publicly in the Board materials located on the Board’s website on Friday, November 19, 2021.
Two ways to submit written comment:
- Via Email: [email protected]
- Via Postal Service: P.O. Box 18328, Phoenix, Arizona 85005
- Please note that USPS mail takes time to be delivered. Please plan accordingly to make the 5pm deadline on Thursday, November 18, 2021.
Individuals must submit a Call to the Public Request Form to provide a verbal public comment virtually. All Request to Speak Forms to provide a verbal comment virtually during the meeting are due to Board staff by Thursday, November 18 at 5pm. Please use this Request to Speak Form to submit to the Board by Thursday, October 14, 2021 at 5pm.
- Consent Agenda—All items on this agenda will be considered by a single motion with no discussion, unless requested otherwise by a board member. (Youtube at 10:03)
- Approval of Meeting Minutes from the Charter Board’s meeting on October 18, 2021
- Consideration to approve the proposed Audit Consent Agreements for the following charter holders:
- Consent Agreements—Consideration to approve the proposed Operational Consent Agreement for Flagstaff Montessori, L.L.C.
- Charter Amendments—Discussion and possible action on an amendment request from the following charter holders: (Youtube at 11:01)
- EAGLE College Prep Harmony, LLC—Charter Holder Status
- EAGLE College Prep Maryvale, LLC.—Charter Holder Status
- EAGLE College Prep Mesa, LLC.—Charter Holder Status
- Charter Replication Application—Discussion and possible action on a replication application from the following charter holder: (Youtube at 14:05)
- Compliance Matters—Discussion and possible action. (Youtube at 22:43)
- The Board will receive information to determine whether evidence exists that the charter holder listed below is in breach of one or more provisions of their charter contract, and/or federal, state, or local laws regarding their failure to meet the operational performance expectations set forth in the Board’s operational performance framework.
If the Board determines that a breach may have occurred, the Board may take action as it deems appropriate or necessary under state law, which may include issuing a notice of intent to revoke the charter pursuant to A.R.S. § 15-182(I)(3) and A.A.C. R7-5-403(F).
- *The Board will receive information to determine whether evidence exists that the charter holders listed below are in breach of one or more provisions of their charter contract, and/or federal, state, or local laws regarding their failure to timely submit the fiscal year 2021 annual financial audit.
If the Board determines that a breach may have occurred, the Board may take action as it deems appropriate or necessary under state law, which may include withholding up to 10% of the monthly apportionment of state aid and requiring a corrective action plan, issuing a notice of intent to revoke the charter, or entering into a consent agreement to bring the charter holder into compliance. A.R.S. § 15-185(H), A.A.C. R7-5-601(D).
- Institue for Transformative Education
- Phoenix Education Management, LLC
- Premier Charter High School
- *2022 Legislative Proposal - Discussion and possible action on Board staff’s Legislative Proposal for the 2022 Legislative Session. (Youtube at 36:21)
- Rulemaking – Discussion, possible action and the second opportunity for public comment on the approval to finalize the proposed footnote correction to the Financial Performance Framework rules found in the Notice of Final Exempt Rulemaking. (Youtube at 38:49)
- Summary of Current Events, Future Meeting Dates and Items for Future Agendas—The executive director, presiding officer or a member of the Board may present a brief summary of current events pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.02(K) and may discuss future meeting dates and direct staff to place matters on a future agenda. The Board will not discuss or take action on any current event summary. (Youtube at 41:07)