Regular Session - March 14, 2022
Meeting Recording - Next to each agenda item is the time that agenda item begins in the YouTube recording.
*UPDATED ZOOM MEETING ID AND PASSCODE
Meeting ID: 891 4629 7051
ARIZONA STATE BOARD FOR CHARTER SCHOOLS
Accessing the Board Meeting:
To watch the Board meeting via computer or a smartphone with a data plan:
Click on the following link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkPbhlJyH-7N_Pw1hpI3nSA
Open a web browser on your device (Google Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox).
Then, type or copy the above link into the address or search bar on your browser and press “Enter”.
To listen via phone (Please ensure your phone is muted during the meeting):
1 346 248 7799 US, (United States)
1 669 900 6833 US, (United States)
When prompted enter the following Meeting ID#: 873 4939 5610 Passcode: 460484
For additional information on how to access the board meeting, please download the Notice and Agenda
Monday March 14, 2022
NOTICE AND AGENDA - *Revised
- Pledge of Allegiance (Youtube 33:35)
- Moment of Silence
- Roll Call (Youtube at 34:31)
- Superintendent’s Report—Update on current events and/or activities of the Arizona Department of Education (Youtube at 35:13)
- Executive Director’s Report (Youtube at 39:33)
- Status of Board actions and legal matters
- Update on approved amendments, termination agreements, reviews, and training sessions conducted by Board staff
- Policy and legislative update
- Board member update
- Call to the Public
This is the time for the public to comment. Members of the Board may not discuss items that are not specifically identified on the agenda. Therefore, pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.01(H), action taken as a result of public comment will be limited to directing staff to study the matter, responding to any criticism, or scheduling the matter for further consideration and decision at a later date.
Public comments for the meeting will be accepted in written form. All written public comments are due to Board staff by Thursday, March 10, 2022 at 12:00:00 p.m. Written public comments will not be orally read into the record but will be posted publicly in the Board materials located on the Board’s website (asbcs.az.gov) by Friday, March 11, 2022.
Two ways to submit written comment:
- Via Email: [email protected]
- Via Postal Service: P.O. Box 18328, Phoenix, Arizona 85005
- Please note that USPS mail takes time to be delivered. Please plan accordingly to make the deadline on Thursday, March 10, 2022 at 12:00 p.m.
Individuals must submit a Call to the Public Request Form to provide a verbal public comment virtually. All Request to Speak Forms to provide a verbal comment virtually during the meeting are due to Board staff by Thursday, March 10 at 5pm. Please use this Request to Speak Form to submit to the Board by Thursday, March 10, 2022 at 5pm.
- All in Education Presentation - All in Education presentation on the organization’s Parent Educator Academy and annual MAPA Report by Jeff Zetino and Stephanie Parra (Youtube at 44:39)
- Consent Agenda—All items on this agenda will be considered by a single motion with no discussion, unless requested otherwise by a board member.
- Charter Amendments—Discussion and possible action on an amendment request from the following charter holders: (Youtube at 1:11:09)
- Charter Renewal - Discussion and possible action on the renewal application package from the following Charter Holders: (Youtube at )
- Candeo Schools, Inc.
- Imagine Avondale Elementary, Inc.
- Imagine Coolidge Elementary, Inc.
- Imagine Prep Coolidge, Inc.
- Imagine Prep Superstition, Inc.
- Imagine Prep Surprise, Inc.
- *San Tan Montessori School, Inc.
- Summary of Current Events, Future Meeting Dates and Items for Future Agendas—The executive director, presiding officer or a member of the Board may present a brief summary of current events pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.02(K) and may discuss future meeting dates and direct staff to place matters on a future agenda. The Board will not discuss or take action on any current event summary. (Youtube at 2:51:16)