Regular Session- February 8, 2021
Meeting Recording - Next to each agenda item is the time that agenda item begins in the YouTube recording.
ARIZONA STATE BOARD FOR CHARTER SCHOOLS
Accessing the Board Meeting:
To watch the Board meeting via computer or a smartphone with a data plan:
Click on the following link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkPbhlJyH-7N_Pw1hpI3nSA
Open a web browser on your device (Google Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox).
Then, type or copy the above link into the address or search bar on your browser and press “Enter”.
To listen via phone (Please ensure your phone is muted during the meeting):
1 346 248 7799 US, (United States)
1 669 900 6833 US, (United States)
When prompted enter the following Meeting ID#: 981 6281 9194, Passcode: 059176
For additional information on how to access the board meeting, please download the Notice and Agenda
Monday, February 8, 2021
- Pledge of Allegiance (Youtube)
- Moment of Silence
- Roll Call (Youtube)
- Superintendent’s Report—Update on current events and/or activities of the Department of Education (Youtube)
- Executive Director’s Report (Youtube)
- Status of Board actions and legal matters
- Information on the Public Comment for the AOI Amendment Request
- Legislative Update
- Introduction of New Employees
- Brief update on staff responsibilities and work completed
- Call to the Public (Youtube)
This is the time for the public to comment. Members of the Board may not discuss items that are not specifically identified on the agenda. Therefore, pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.01(H), action taken as a result of public comment will be limited to directing staff to study the matter, responding to any criticism, or scheduling the matter for further consideration and decision at a later date.
Public comments for the meeting will be accepted in written form. All written public comments are due to Board staff by Thursday, February 4, 2021 at 5pm. Written public comments will not be orally read into the record but will be posted publicly in the Board materials located on the Board’s website on Friday, February 5th.
Two ways to submit written comment:
- Via Email: [email protected]
- Via Postal Service: P.O. Box 18328, Phoenix, Arizona 85005
- Please note that USPS mail takes time to be delivered. Please plan accordingly to make the 5pm deadline on February 4, 2021.
Individuals must submit a Call to the Public Request Form to provide a verbal public comment. All Request to Speak Forms to provide a verbal comment during the meeting are due to Board staff by Thursday, February 4, 2021 at 5pm. Please use this Request to Speak Form to submit to the Board by Thursday, February 4, 2021 at 5pm.
- Consent Agenda—All items on this agenda will be considered by a single motion with no discussion, unless requested otherwise by a board member. (Youtube)
- Approval of Meeting Minutes from the Charter Board’s meeting on December 15, 2020.
- Charter Amendments—Consideration to approve amendment requests from the following charter holders:
- Arizona Agribusiness & Equine Center, Inc. (Entity ID 91131)—School Location and Enrollment Cap Increase
- Maryvale Preparatory Academy—Enrollment Cap Increase
- Charter Amendments—Discussion and possible action on an amendment request from the following charter holder: (Youtube)
- Empower College Prep—Enrollment Cap Increase
- The Charter Foundation, Inc.—Arizona Online Instruction
- Charter Renewal - Discussion and possible action on renewal application package from EDUPRIZE SCHOOLS, LLC (Youtube)
- Compliance Matters—Discussion and possible action. (Youtube)
- The Board will receive information to determine whether evidence exists that the charter holders listed below is in breach of one or more provisions of their charter contract, and/or federal, state, or local laws regarding their failure to meet the operational performance expectations set forth in the Board’s operational performance framework.
If the Board determines that a breach may have occurred, the Board may take action as it deems appropriate or necessary under state law, which may include issuing a notice of intent to revoke the charter pursuant to A.R.S. 15-183(I)(3) and A.A.C. R7-5-403(F).
- Painted Desert Montessori, LLC
- Pima Prevention Partnership (Entity ID 90536)
- Yuma Private Industry Council, Inc.
- New Charter Application for 2022-2023—Discussion and consideration of modifications to the New Charter Application for the 2021-2022 application cycle. (Youtube)
- AOI Specific New Charter Application for 2022-2023— Discussion, possible action and the second opportunity for public comment on the approval to finalize the proposed creation of a New Charter Application specific to applicants wishing to utilize an AOI model. (Youtube)
- Summary of Current Events, Future Meeting Dates and Items for Future Agendas—The executive director, presiding officer or a member of the Board may present a brief summary of current events pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.02(K) and may discuss future meeting dates and direct staff to place matters on a future agenda. The Board will not discuss or take action on any current event summary. (Youtube)
- Adjournment (Youtube)