The Board regularly meets monthly on the second Monday of each month, or as necessary. Board meeting notices are posted at least 24 hours in advance on this webpage. The agenda and related materials for a particular meeting may be accessed by clicking on “Notice, Agenda, and Materials” underneath the meeting date. The Board meeting notices are also posted on the north facing exterior door of the Board's office, which is located in Phoenix at 1616 W. Adams Street, Suite 170.
A summary of the meeting motions, as well as a recording of the meetings will be available within three business days of the completion of the meeting.
- To access the summary of a meeting, click on the “Meeting Summary” for the applicable meeting date.
- To access a recording for a particular agenda item from a specific meeting, click on “Notice, Agenda, and Materials” for the applicable meeting date and then select “play” for the item of interest.
Meeting minutes for meetings held prior to January 2011 may be accessed by clicking on the “Approved Minutes” for the applicable meeting date.
ARIZONA STATE BOARD FOR CHARTER SCHOOLS
1535 West Jefferson Street
Phoenix, Arizona 85007
For additional information on how to access the board meeting, please download the Notice and Agenda
ARIZONA STATE BOARD FOR CHARTER SCHOOLS
Monday, October 18, 2021
Notice and Agenda -*Revised
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Moment of Silence
- Roll Call
- Superintendent’s Report—Update on current events and/or activities of the Arizona Department of Education
- State Board of Education Presentation on Educator Discipline- HB2023 Implementation: Presentation by Alicia Williams, Executive Director of the Arizona State Board of Education on educator discipline - HB2023 implementation.
- Executive Director’s Report
- *Status of Board actions and legal matters
- Update on approved amendments and termination agreements
- Staff Update
Legislative and Policy Update
- Call to the Public
This is the time for the public to comment. Members of the Board may not discuss items that are not specifically identified on the agenda. Therefore, pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.01(H), action taken as a result of public comment will be limited to directing staff to study the matter, responding to any criticism, or scheduling the matter for further consideration and decision at a later date.
Public comments for the meeting will be accepted in written form. All written public comments are due to Board staff by Thursday, October 14, 2021 at 5pm. Written public comments will not be orally read into the record but will be posted publicly in the Board materials located on the Board’s website on Friday, October 15, 2021.
Two ways to submit written comment:
- Via Email: [email protected]
- Via Postal Service: P.O. Box 18328, Phoenix, Arizona 85005
- Please note that USPS mail takes time to be delivered. Please plan accordingly to make the 5pm deadline on Thursday, October 14, 2021.
Individuals must submit a Call to the Public Request Form to provide a verbal public comment virtually. All Request to Speak Forms to provide a verbal comment virtually during the meeting are due to Board staff by Thursday, October 14 at 5pm. Please use this Request to Speak Form to submit to the Board by Thursday, October 14, 2021 at 5pm.
- Consent Agenda—All items on this agenda will be considered by a single motion with no discussion, unless requested otherwise by a board member.
- Approval of Meeting Minutes from the Charter Board’s meeting on September 13, 2021
- Consideration to approve the proposed 2022 Board Meeting Calendar
Consent Agreements—Consideration to approve the proposed Audit Consent Agreements for the following charter holders:
Akimel O’Otham Pee Posh Charter School, Inc. (Entity ID: 5978) Akimel O’Otham Pee Posh Charter School, Inc. (Entity ID: 78966)
- Compliance Matters—Discussion and possible action.
- The Board will receive information to determine whether evidence exists that the charter holders listed below are in breach of one or more provisions of their charter contract, and/or federal, state, or local laws regarding their failure to meet the operational performance expectations set forth in the Board’s operational performance framework.
If the Board determines that a breach may have occurred, the Board may take action as it deems appropriate or necessary under state law, which may include issuing a notice of intent to revoke the charter pursuant to A.R.S. § 15-182(I)(3) and A.A.C. R7-5-403(F).
- Cambridge Academy East, Inc.
- Harvest Power Community Development Group, Inc.
- *Portable Practical Educational Preparation, Inc. (Entity ID: 87405)
- The Board will receive information to determine whether evidence exists that the charter holder listed below is in breach of one or more provisions of their charter contract, and/or federal, state, or local laws regarding its failure to operate a school under its charter contract during fiscal year 2022.
If the Board determines that a breach may have occurred, the Board may take action as it deems appropriate or necessary under state law, which may include issuing a notice of intent to revoke the charter pursuant to A.R.S. § 15-182(I)(3).
- *Pinnacle Education – Kino, Inc. - Discussion and possible action to accept, reject or modify the Findings of Fact, Conclusions of Law and Recommended Order of the Administrative Law Judge in regard to the Notice of Intent to Revoke hearing of Charter (No. 20F-RV-002-BCS). Pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.03(A)(3), the Board may vote to convene in executive session, which will not be open to the public, for discussion or consultation for legal advice with the Board’s attorneys concerning this item.
- Summary of Current Events, Future Meeting Dates and Items for Future Agendas—The executive director, presiding officer or a member of the Board may present a brief summary of current events pursuant to A.R.S. § 38-431.02(K) and may discuss future meeting dates and direct staff to place matters on a future agenda. The Board will not discuss or take action on any current event summary.