January 25, 2010 and January 26, 2010
A. Pledge of Allegiance
B. Moment of Silence
C. Roll Call
D. Call to the Public
E. Arizona Charter Schools Association Update
F. Superintendent’s Report
G. Executive Director’s Report – Discussion and possible action:
2. How Arizona Charter Laws Rank Against The New Model Public Charter School Law
3. Arizona’s application for Race to the Top
4. Subcommittee Work – AOI, Applications and Legislative Agenda
H. Consent Agenda
I. Good Cause Extension Request for Consideration – Discussion and possible action on the request for a good cause extension for the charter contract signing and/or charter opening deadline for Ed Ahead.
J. Charter Replication Application – Discussion and possible action on the replication application and request for a charter submitted:
K. Compliance Matters – Discussion and possible action.
M. New Charter School Applications — Discussion and possible action on the following applications and requests for a charter for applicants that provided applications with evidence of a comprehensive program of instruction and a detailed business plan:
1. Ahwatukee Foothills Prep Early College High School, Inc.
2. Arizona Secondary Charter School, Inc.
3. BNE Ashur
4. Compass Points International, Inc.
5. Educational Enterprises, Inc.
6. Leading Edge Academy Maricopa
7. Mesa School-Community Alliance
8. Opportunities for Youth, Inc.
9. Pima Prevention Partnership
10. PLC Arts Academy at Glendale, Inc.
11. PLC Arts Academy at Scottsdale, Inc.
12. South Phoenix Academy, Inc.
13. South Phoenix Leadership Academy, Inc.
14. South Valley Academy, Inc.
15. The Farm at Mission Montessori Academy, L.L.C.
N. New Charter School Applications — Discussion and possible action on the following applications and requests for a charter for applicants that provided applications that do not provide evidence of a comprehensive program of instruction and/or a detailed business plan but who requested that their applications be forwarded to the Board for consideration:
1. George Gervin Youth Center, Inc.
2. Graysmark School Corp.
3. Indigo Charter School
4. International Charter School of Arizona, Inc.
O. Election of Officers
P. Board Comments
Q. Approval of Minutes